[Bf-committers] Re: Problems with time in do_nla()

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Jan 4 21:44:23 CET 2006

Hi,
rolandh at reed-witting.com (2006-01-04 at 1438.13 -0500):
> First, I'm not sure why I never realized it, but Blender's global
> current frame variable is a short integer. Why it is not a float, I
> do not understand. It seems that a lot of the worries about
> fractional frames for things like motion blur, etc., would go away if
> someone took on the daunting task of converting it to a float
> variable. Of course, there's probably a very good reason that I'm
> missing, but at the moment, I don't get it.

There is a function that does some math with the number (object.c,
bsystem_time), which I hacked up to get my controllable time offset
for mblur speed up. Maybe you can start looking at that... or maybe
the issue is making it float in general. Dunno, the hack allowed me to
test the method and to render all I need now, so it was fine.

If there would be a more correct way and specifically "official" one
(with interface, bpy support, etc), it would make happy users, as the
mblur would be just a external script, so everyone could use it
without patching local blender, and the time saving really helps (for
me it would be just not having to keep updating the handful of lines
patch).

GSR