[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Object.py

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sun Jan 1 12:36:42 CET 2006

On Saturday 31 December 2005 01:00, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> as well modify U and set all relevant flags in the userprefs, and reset
> them again after adding the duplicate.

and if someone thought that would be something extraordinary, i just thought
to mention that that sort of things seem to be done in Blender already ..
like the internal Library append code changes global vars, at least the one
for the open file, while the other blend is read, and then restores the one
that the user actually is working on.

and now in baking i think we just modify the global current frame, again
restoring it after the operation.

so i hope no one ever tries to make Blender multithreading :)

> maybe it should be possible to pass the same flags as used in the userprefs
> as options to the python duplicate function, ala
> duplicate(DO_DATA, DO_IPO, DO_TEXTURE, DO_MATERIAL),

seems good .. in py they should probably be optional boolean keyword
arguments, so one could do:

 ob2 = ob1.duplicate(material=True, ipo=True) .. or something, or if they
default to True, ob2 = ob1.duplicate(texture=False)

thanks for good input on a matter you dont care about, and i guess bf-python
can sort out the rest of this :)

> | alexander ewering              instinctive mediaworks

~Toni