[Bf-committers] OpenEXR again...

Nick Porcino meshula1 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:38:23 CET 2006

Hi Erwin, Nick here again.

Getting OpenEXR downloaded/configured/compiled/installed on Linux should be
really straight forward.

If not, I'd like to know why so I can work with the rest of the OpenEXR team
to make it so.

I have a suspicion that you may have run into trouble because Blender uses a
non-standard header suite for OpenEXR. (Headers copied into non-standard
places).

I have a further suspicion that the reason Blender wants a non-standard
OpenEXR is because of <> versus "" for #includes.

If so, once again, I'd like to see this resolved, so that Blender can use a
standard OpenEXR distribution.

As an example of the benefits of using a standard distribution, the next
release of OpenEXR does multithreaded compression/decompression and

Let me know!

- Nick

>>What is the reason you do it without?
I disabled both OpenAL and EXR, otherwise Blender doesn't compile out
of the
box under linux.
Even after all the hassle of downloading,
configuring,compiling/installing
OpenEXR it doesn't work.

Erwin