[Bf-committers] Audio not functioning in sequence editor

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at elisanet.fi
Sun Feb 19 21:42:08 CET 2006

Audio isn't working in the sequence editor, when I try to play something
I get this:

Input #0, wav, from '/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Critical_Error.wav':
  Duration: 00:00:02.0, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 705 kb/s
  Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 22050 Hz, stereo, 705 kb/s
Couldn't open audio: No available audio device

But when playing the same file via the playback buttons it works fine.
Also, in my preferences 'audio mixing buffer' is always unselected (if I
select something, it gets unselected as soon as I try to play audio in
sequence window). I'm almost certain this has to do with my setup, but
if someone could explain a bit how blender handles audio devices, I'd
appreciate it.

ubuntu 5.10 Amd64 (Blender 2.41 and current cvs)

Thanks a bunch,
Mats