[Bf-committers] blender as a hardware benchmarking tool

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:13:22 CET 2006

Should we consider trying to get Blender established as a hardware
benchmarking tool similar to CineBench and POVRay?

To me this would be valuable in that it would increase the public
exposure of Blender (any new graphics card to come out or any new
processor to come out could result in a mention of Blender) and it
would encourage hardware vendors to ensure that Blender works well on
their system.  Also Blender users would be able to have handy sources
of information for 'does Blender work well on this processor/graphics
card'.

LetterRip