[Bf-committers] Re: Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src editscreen.c

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Fri Dec 1 18:05:35 CET 2006

Le 1 déc. 06 à 10:43, Doug Ollivier a écrit :

> * you can zoom in and out while in movement.  i have been using
> solidworks a lot recently and it has a very similar movement
> interface to Blender with two main differences (which make its
> movement methods easier and more logical) you can zoom while
> moving, scaling, and doing anything you want.  and as you use the
> scroll wheel it zooms in and out around the location of the cursor
> on the screen rather than blenders method of zooming to the centre
> of the screen, (this allows you to effectively move the screen with
> one hand on the mouse, its very natural)

 From one that use solidworks 8+ hours a day, i can say i absolutely
hate the solidworks zoom method. It is damn too imprecise, and you
end zooming where you dont want to. and in sketches, you need to use
it a lot

Blender method, with Pan as MMB default and rotate on shift is imho
much more comfortable. YMMV, of course

I pan to center my zoom where i want, and zoom from there. that
allows to go exactly where you want.
Or i lMB the 3D cursor and C to the point of zoom

Solidworks has plenty of good stuff we can look for equivalent in
blender, but please not the zoom, which is beaten on the worse side
only by Autodesk intellizoom.

--
lukep