[Bf-committers] Console patch update and question about Mac usage

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 01:43:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just posted a patch update to current CVS at
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=4137&group_id=9&atid=127
and will really appreciate it if it can be considered for inclusion
this cycle. I said it a couple of times, but just wanted to reiterate
that it does not affect the current state of blender one bit on any
platform unless the new -c flag is used.

My question is the following (I am building on Mac Intel using scons):

There seem to be two binaries generated. One ends up in build/bin and
install (same file). The other is different and goes in the .app
package folder. Blender works for me if I double click on the .app
folder or if I dive into that folder until I reach a MacOS folder on
the console and run it using the command line (at which point I can
use the flag). If I try the binary in build/bin or in the install
folder blender comes up maximized (BTW how do you switch between
maximized and windowed for blender on a Mac?) but just seems hung. Can
anyone enlighten me on reasons for this (I am kind of new to the
platform, so these may be silly).

Thanks,
Jacques