[Bf-committers] Console patch update and question about Mac usage

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat Aug 26 05:15:35 CEST 2006

This is all basically as expected.  On a Mac, a GUI application is
wrapped in a .app "directory" structure with certain expected
elements inside.  The actual application cannot get mouse or keyboard
interaction and window decorations if it doesn't connect to the
window manager, and that's done by loading the .app, not the Unix
binary directly.

 From the command line, you can "open path/to/Blender.app" or just
double-click it.  The OS will in turn run the Unix binary in the
right environment to connect to all the interactive supports.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]