[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code Idea

Scott Johnson scottj at cs.und.edu
Tue Apr 25 02:38:08 CEST 2006

Hello,

> If the project is broader than implementing just this one shader, then
> I agree
> this could indeed take enough time to fill those 3 months.

That seems reasonable to me.  Are there specific shaders people would
like to see?  I was thinking perhaps a shader for environmental effects
(i.e. wind erosion, metal scrapes, dirt, snow, etc...), along with a
generator to generate random "dirty" effects, as well as possibly a
shader for reflections off of water/liquid surfaces.  I want to get
familiar with the GLSL, so implementing shaders such as these in Blender
would be ideal for what I want to do.  Are there others that are in dire
need?

~Scott