[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 02:42:48 CEST 2006

Doug Ollivier wrote:

>> This should be done already on its own merits - the fact that
>> Blender's controls don't update in real time is quite behind the
>> times. Event system? But in any case, that's not enough. Editing
>> things that occur in and are related to 3D space, like clipping
>> distances or spot angles should be *done* in 3D space.
Could the transform manipulator code be generlized to perform this?
Actually, I can think of a way to hack it in, just add support for
single-axis-only transform elements, then use the manipulator as it is
to transform some graphical thing drawn by the camera and light
objects.  Or, you could map several camera/light properties to different
transform axises.  But that would probably be an inelegant solution.

joeedh