[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2006

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 22:02:13 CEST 2006

Hi Scott,

>  I know that Google's 2005 Summer of Code  resulted in a
> number of excellent new features for Blender, and I am extremely
> interested in helping create new features to this great open source
> project.

That is great to hear :)

> My collegue Ryan Langseth and I are interested in working on
> a Blender Development project this summer, in Google's Summer of Code
> 2006.

You might want to check the FAQ,

[QUOTE]28. Can a group apply for and work on a single project?
No, only an individual may work on a given project. [/QUOTE]

http://code.google.com/soc/studentfaq.html#28

it isn't clear from your email whether you mean the same project,
which it appears Google might not allow, or different projects.

> I was wondering if anyone on this developer list might have an idea of
> who I could speak with to discuss possible projects that Blender will be
> looking at submitting for this summer's session.  I can be reached at
> scottj at cs.und.edu.

Chris Want is the official coordinator, however if you check our
mailing list archives there has just been an extensive discussion of
possible projects.

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2006-April/date.html

Any thread with SOC or GSOC in it is probably relevant.

Also here is an example of a winning application from last year,

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SoCIKProposal

Tom M.
LetterRip