[Bf-committers] Google SOC stuff

Ian Gowen ian.gowen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 21:57:09 CEST 2006

I was going to write up some recommendations based on my experience
last year, but Tim just said everything I was going to and more.

The first two weeks I coded full blast but after that I really lost
steam. Since I was more or less on my own, I didn't have anything or
anyone getting behind me and pushing me forward. The blog/progress
report/Sunday meeting thing would have really helped me I think.

I'd also like to see a little bit more dedication from mentors and
from the Blender developers at large- correct me if I'm wrong, but
aren't booleans and the fluidsim the only two projects from last year
that have been integrated into the main tree? It's a little
discouraging to get paid for something that won't even get used.

Anyway, I hope we all can learn from last year's experience. Good luck
to all those who are applying :)

-Ian