[Bf-committers] Google SOC stuff

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 23:11:46 CEST 2006

Ian,

> I'd also like to see a little bit more dedication from mentors and
> from the Blender developers at large- correct me if I'm wrong, but
> aren't booleans and the fluidsim the only two projects from last year
> that have been integrated into the main tree? It's a little
> discouraging to get paid for something that won't even get used.

    * 1.1.1 1) Fluid Simulation - completed and in
    * 1.1.2 2) Inverse Kinematics - completed and in
    * 1.1.3 3) Verse Integration - still in progress probably after 2.42
    * 1.1.4 4) FFMPEG integration/audio multiplexing - completed and
in will be in 2.42
    * 1.1.5 5) PyTexture - replaced by pyNode (not sure if some code
was resused?) which might be in 2.42
    * 1.1.6 6) Sketch based Modelling - one of the projects that
didn't make it - currently is a standalone project with no blender
integration?
    * 1.1.7 7) Boolean development - completed and in
    * 1.1.8 8) ODE Physics integration in animation system - was never started
    * 1.1.9 9) Nurbs/Curves/Nurbana - not quite complete, author still
makes forward progress occassionally, possibly for after 2.42
    * 1.1.10 10) Animated/Live/Interactive Tutorial - author never started

As things have become ready they have gone in.  Haven't looked at the
sketch based modeling so don't know how much effort it would take to
get to the final product.  It appears to be the only project that was
started that might not eventually make it in some form.

LetterRip