[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c space.c

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Apr 3 12:28:44 CEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Matt Ebb wrote:

> On the contrary, I'd like to see the Select by Layer/Type options expanded to
> include options like replacing/adding/subtracting to selections too. There
> are multiple ways to do similar things in all aspects of Blender and there is
> a need for both of these methods.

Well, then I find it even more astounding that the Layer Manager (tm) has
never been approved for inclusion :-)

It allows selecting, deselecting, adding to selection, moving between
layers, "copying" between layer, naming layers, etc. etc. in a very visual
way with icon buttons.

I don't *have* to understand everything that's going on, do I? ;)