[Bf-committers] Joystick LogicBricks Patch

Carsten Wartmann Carsten.Wartmann at imago-viva.de
Tue Sep 20 14:38:20 CEST 2005

charlie carley wrote:

> hello I would like someone to have a look at this patch, to see if it
> can make it into cvs
> its missing the actual code, if needed i can post it somewhere
> thanks
> snailrose...

So I tried that Sensor finally ;-)

Hey its great, works for Windows and Linux very well!

I am currently developing a RC-Helicopter Simulator, so analouge input
is very important.

You can have a look at it at:
http://www.rc-heli-fan.org/viewtopic.php?p=89002 (its the "Dowload"
attachment in the first mesage, Screenies also) or
http://blenderbuch.de/Modellbau/BlendedHeli/BlendedHeli.zip

However I tried on a Mac with OS X 10.3.x and it seems that SDL for MAC
is not supporting HID joysticks? Are there any news on this topic?

The other thing (I filled a bugreport
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3074&group_id=9&atid=306
) is that there can be Joystick with more than 4 axes (e.g. RC-Gear) and
Blender reports this just fine, however the axes are not reported, but
instead its hardcoded for 4 axes. BAD ;-)

Regards,
Carsten.