[Bf-committers] Re: Bf-committers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 18

Drew Yeaton xeeton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:50:40 CEST 2005

Ton:

It may be a good idea to take Apple's approach to icons. The OSX
icons are typically drawn by hand at a few critical sizes (48x48,
32x32, 16x16), but are extrapolated or interpolated to make the rest.
The smaller sizes are used as "hint" icons; this allows for the icon
designer to intentionally limit details in smaller versions. If the
smaller ones are not present, the system interpolates a larger
version. The dock is a good example of where this happens.

Just a thought.

Sincerely,
Drew