[Bf-committers] Floor constraint - patch and Windows .exe

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Fri Sep 2 20:57:57 CEST 2005

theeth wrote:
>I'll be away this week end, but I'll have time to look
>at this and commit when I get back on monday.

I'll be posting a new patch Tuesday morning, so wait for that.

Someone on the .org forum suggested the inclusion of an offset value
to take into account, for example, the distance from the tip of your
heel bone to the bottom of your meshes foot. At first I thought it
was gratuitous, as you could simulate this by setting your floor
empty higher, putting the tip of the heel bone at the bottom of your
mesh, etc., but I soon realized that it's a simple way to tweak your
animation without altering your skinning and without having different
floor targets for multiple objects.

So, I added it, and it works great. Very slick, and a good
suggestion. Anyway, the GUI it is for crap and I'm not very good at
that, so I'm going to hit it over the long weekend and see if I can
make it better.
--
Roland Hess - harkyman