[Bf-committers] preliminary blender port for ZETA ready

Michael Weirauch dev at m-phasis.de
Mon Oct 24 18:08:58 CEST 2005

On 2005-10-24 at 17:30:21 [+0200], Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>
> Very cool! I guess you prefer a lot of testing first, so of course you
> should publish it on bebits.com. For the changes in the Makefiles,
> let's try to get one of our makefile maintainers to check on it (Hans,
> Chris, Kent?). One of them then can commit the patch.

Hiho!

I've used the SCons system for compiling. Ok, needed some tweaks in SCons
itself, but that is solved for quite some time.

The diff is here:
http://ghost.m-phasis.de/files/ZETA_patch_20051023.txt

As I've written in a previous mail on this list, it's without gameengine,
internationalization and without blenderplayer. Just a matter of getting
these to compile. Also the six GHOST implementation files for the ZETA
platform are missing in the diff.

The release is here since Sunday:
http://bebits.com/app/4235

> In due time, (ok, if all works as you expect :), we would really
> welcome you as official platform maintainer. Is that what you like to
> do?

I can make no promises as I am quite heavily loaded with my main work.
That's why the port took quite some time. (Initial work started in autumn
2003. Yes, no kidding. Ok, quite some changes to our libMESA driver
implementation where required, too. )

But if things keep compileable quite easy, it should be no problem for me
to maintain the port as long as no other contributor steps up.

Michael