[Bf-committers] problems with C++

Nils Thuerey nils at thuerey.de
Thu Oct 6 13:25:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

I just noticed the different g++ versions behave quite differently. Here
are times and memory usage peaks for compiling factory_fsgr.cpp:

g++-3.3.6: 123s, 1300MB
g++-3.4.5:  84s,  270MB
g++-4.0.2:  29s,  210MB

So I probably didn't test with 3.3 for a while, but I didnt think it
would make such a difference... I'll add an option to switch off
compiling the solver stuff, and see if I can find where g++3.3 has problems.

Regards,
-> Nils