[Bf-committers] Some words about a strange thing named

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Nov 25 10:54:42 CET 2005

I should add that obviously some atomic operations (say, a mesh
subdivide) could also simply fail (that's another option).  Failure in
those cases could be handled by the caller.

(I was thinking about more complicated situations, where recovering from
failure to allocate memory would involve jumping through impossible
hoops to get back to a valid state...)