[Bf-committers] libtiff, png not loading.

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Wed Nov 23 17:47:21 CET 2005

> With the recent libtiff addition- updated my makefiles and scons
> scripts. (10min ago)
> and png images wont load. no errors, but opening or replacing with a PNG
> image just does nothing (as if cancel was pressed)
> - Cam

Hi Cam,

This seems very odd.  I haven't been able to reproduce every image I've
tried has loaded fine.  If you look at
blender/source/blender/imbuf/intern/readimage.c you'll notice the libtiff
stuff is not referenced until after loading png's so shouldn't be an issue.

Could you email me an image that is having the problem.

And or maybe try adding some printfs to that code to see whats going on.
(It is before the quicktime stuff that might be an issue...)

Try commenting out the libtiff stuff there and see if it magically starts working.  Feel free to email me directly for followup.

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu