[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern effect.c blender/source/blender/src buttons_object.c

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 22:25:42 CET 2005

Hi

--- Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:

> It has relation typing, what fails is the code that
> tries to sort
> (using node queues and stacks). That's still
> original code from
> jean-luc, don't fully grasp it yet. :)

It only has typing on the output. Typing on the input
would help to stop propagation where it has no effect.

I'll try to have a look at that after this semester,
once I actually get some coding time... :(

> I still prefer to first fully cleanup the code and
> bring it back to the
> current specs only, and then try to solve the
> cycling stuff.

Agreed, this close to release, it's note a good idea
to go and start cleanup projects.

> Note that the worst thing that now happens is a lag.

Depending on what the cycle is, you'll get erratic
behavior, not only lag (for exemple, two copy loc
constraints that point at one another), but this is
borderline situations, shouldn't happen often (if
ever).

Martin