[Bf-committers] Patch -- Numbering of pop-up menu items

Matthew H. Plough mplough at Princeton.EDU
Fri Nov 4 22:27:05 CET 2005

On Nov 4, 2005, at 13:49 PM, Alexander Ewering wrote:

>>> If the whole idea is still acceptable with bf, I can submit the
>>> original iblender pupmenu code today in the afternoon.
>>
>> I wouldn't say this is a done deal at this point -- some
>> discussion would be nice.
>
> Aren't 90% of all feature ideas, proposals and/or implementations
> already
> getting lost in the discussion swamp, and wouldn't it be nice if
> one of them - especially one which is 100% good and has 0%
> potential for evil -
> would make it into cvs for a change? ;-)

I just want some thought to go into things, that's all.  There has to
be a balance between doing things impulsively and rashly and having
things get caught up in committee meetings.  You're on the quick
side, so people will naturally say "hey, slow down here" to reduce
the risk of rash action.  This isn't to say that your ideas aren't
good -- it's just prudent to make sure they are good.  The fact that
you like your own ideas isn't good enough; I liked my patch, but upon
further examination by others it isn't the best solution.

GSR has a nice point about differentiating "in menu access" vs
"direct quick access".

Go ahead and commit; it's fine by me, anyway. :-)

Matt