[Bf-committers] Re: Patch -- Numbering of pop-up menu items

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Nov 4 18:45:56 CET 2005

Hi,
blender at instinctive.de (2005-11-04 at 1236.00 +0100):
> 1) I don't particularly like how it displays the numbers as part of the
>     normal menu entry text - that looks a bit untidy
>
>     ( http://pub.intrr.org/numbersm.png )

I agree, for a stronger reason: placing first gives you the helper
info, with less distance to the text... and at the same time allows
menu entries to still show the direct combination of keys (yeah, I
know space menu does not allow pressing the number currently, but
dunno why it should not, arrows already work). Also, from another
point of view, right side is for direct combination, so left side
(with toned down colour based in theme) would avoid confusion of "in
menu quick access" vs "direct quick access".

GSR