[Bf-committers] Re: Cumulative PATCH for sequencer (Alexander Ewering)

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Nov 3 14:30:54 CET 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Peter Schlaile wrote:

> correct me if I'm wrong, but currently every sound file is read completely
> into memory and "memcpy"ed on usage.

Oh, yes, that's right... Yeah, the approach I took for coding the audio
support was a bit mislead probably. Well, the longest video I ever had
to synchronize with sound was 7 minutes, so it wasn't a huge issue
for me :)

But you're right, Audio should be handled the same as video in the
future...

> We should add something like "external sound"-tracks to the sequencer.

Yes. Go ahead, I can help with the animation system audio code as I'm
the original author..