[Bf-committers] timeline window: animating issue

Jason Saunders blenergetic at gmail.com
Sat May 28 19:28:33 CEST 2005

Ton wrote:
> That's exactly how it was coded... however confusing it might be. The
> timeline playback just triggers continuous updates in the UI, not
> blocking any option.

But the problem is, when people press ALT-A, they're expecting ESC
will "stop all animation" not "continue playback in a different mode."
I think for the time being, the simplest and least confusing approach
would be to have ESC stop *all* animation.

Besides, for people who know how it works but want to stop an
animation (after pressing ALT-A in "animated UI" mode) have to 1)
press esc, and 2) navigate to the timeline window and stop playback.

Just my $.02