[Bf-committers] timeline window: animating issue

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat May 28 11:57:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

That's exactly how it was coded... however confusing it might be. The
timeline playback just triggers continuous updates in the UI, not
blocking any option.

I prefer to have the new "Play" released this way, also to gather
feedback on usability and performance. Based on that we can define what
todo with the old ALT+A.

Just removing the ALT+A (replace it with new system) I think isn't
wise... one reason is performance (ALT+A is a bit faster) and other is
UI level (ALT+A communicates what goes on, the TimeLine play is very
hidden...). Both issues need to be solved.

-Ton-