[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes May 1 + todo for release

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed May 4 12:25:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

>> What are people's opinions on re-using this setting
>> for the default MMB
>> constrain co-ordinate system as well? I think it
>> could be quite nice.
>

> I agree, it would be nice.
>
> Could be done. Local in object mode could be a bit
> problematic but nothing too hard, and the rest is just
> making the selector always visible in the header.
>
> The problem is I don't have much time, sneaking this
> in would probably mean pushing back another week.

Let me have a look at this. :)
To verify; it will work like this:

- the header-menu "global, local, normal" will be always visible
- on MMB constraint click, it chooses the constraint as indicated with
the menu
   (falling back to 'local' when 'normal' cannot work)
- on X, Y, Z hotkey, it uses the menu setting as well.
   (successive X, Y, Z presses will cycle then, as usual)
- note that in Object Mode, with multiple objects selected, the first
choice will be limited to Global always.

Martin; I'll try to find a way for manipulators/transform to re-use
same code for detecting the "Normal" orientation.

-Ton-