[Bf-committers] Project openings

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Mar 17 11:21:31 CET 2005

Hi,

On 16 Mar, 2005, at 19:30, Kenney Phillis Jr wrote:

> I know how to coordinate projects so i can most likely take care of
> coordination.
> as for the maintaining of dxf and the inventor reador i don't know
> about that.
>
>> - Import/export
>>    - project needs coordination (docs, maintaining contacts for
>> bugfixes)
>>    - maintain current dxf and inventor reader

This todo is currently actually an assignment Willian takes care of. So
we should discuss that with him first... :)

What counts for me mostly is:

- support for the bug tracker, when people post issues with the
scripts. It requires quite a broad knowledge of what the scripts
actually do to help them. Typically it works well if first someone can
verify if it's really a bug (e.g. intended functionality that doesn't
work) and not a feature request. Once verified, it can be passed on to
the maintainer of the script.

- provide non-python level documentation for the importers on
www.blender3d.org releaselog and support level. We currently have a
page like this;
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Python.382.0.html
Which isn't very elaborate. I'd like to see an extensive import/export
section, at end-user manual level, docs describing the exact current
functionality, including sample files. It might be well possible most
of that information is already there!

- make a "regression suite" with samples of files saved by other 3D
programs, which we can define as mininum for Blender to survive before
releasing. Preferably with a .blend already having the objects
imported, to compare. :)

Would that be what's in your mind?

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org