[Bf-committers] Project openings

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Wed Mar 16 20:04:08 CET 2005

Wouldn't add the*.gz extension because most times gz is related too
archive software. When you try to open a scene with blend.gz extension
from desktop blender wouldn't start so may winzip. better disclaim
*.blend is uncompressed and *.blegz is a compressed blender scene.

This would solve the problem with the gz extension and would show it is
a compressed file too. both extension could be registred for blender
without  having problems with other software.

Anybody have an older version could rename *.blegz files to *.blend.gz
and extract them for opening with older versions of blender.