[Bf-committers] openexr & blender

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Mar 14 14:00:51 CET 2005

Hi Alfredo,

Thanks for the info! We'll bother Kent and Gernot then! :)

Needless to say, doubling/tripling the size of our binary distros for 1
feature isn't really a topic for discussion here. So we'll have to
check alternative methods, with obviously the "plugin" route as most
likely candidate.

- Would it be possible to dynamically link (dlopen) EXR runtime,
detecting it like now has been done for Yafray or Quicktime?
- If so, is the way EXR distributes themselves compliant for it? (e.g.
simple cross-platform install for people who like to use it)

Or:

- can we hack this EXR lib to kick out the 95% unused code? :)

-Ton-