[Bf-committers] Tool macro/construction history UI

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 13 01:01:49 CET 2005

Hi.  At the moment I am concentrating on making my code Euler-corrent,
with lukep's help.

However, I think it would be a good idea to begin designing the UI for
the tool macro interface.  essentually you should be able to, with the
UI, do the following things:

* Make/delete sets of tool macros.
* View tool macros as blocks, and have the ability to re-arrange their
ordering and edit their argument strings.
* Have the ability to manually add new blocks to the macro.
* and whatever else can be thought of.

Currently, the tool macro interface works as following:

You start recording a macro with ALT-CTRL-R, and end it with
ALT-CTRL-R.  You execute a tool with TKEY, and enter Tool Paint mode
with CTRL-T.

Not the most tweakable think in the universe, is it.

Matt: if you could give this some thought, I would much appreciate it.
I think you've become the defacto Master Of All Things GUI in blender ;)

joeedh