[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code Update

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sat Jun 25 19:00:14 CEST 2005

Johnny Matthews wrote:
> Chris, I can't wait to see these proposals. Now how are we going to
> handle this new code? A branch for each
> project, try to keep them in bf? Patches? tuhop?

Well, most of the people with grants are pretty
unknown to us (at least coding-wise) so I think it
would be bad to give bf/tuho commit rights at
this time.

I think I would like to set up a new tree
for each project and do weekly merges tuhopuu
style. I had thought that maybe one tree for
all of them, but if it were separate trees this
would prevent people from getting in each other's
way, and it would also simplify the creation of a
patch for each project at the end of the process.
One concern is disk space though, so we'll have
to look into that.

Anyways, that's what I am planning and will look
into it further shortly (as Alexander pointed out
there are some CVS issues so I'll wait until
that is resolved). I am open to suggestions if
somebody thinks there is a better way.

Regards,
Chris