[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code Update

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Sat Jun 25 21:27:46 CEST 2005

Chris Want wrote:

> ... I had thought that maybe one tree for
> all of them, but if it were separate trees this
> would prevent people from getting in each other's
> way, and it would also simplify the creation of a
> patch for each project at the end of the process.

Yep, don't let these projects get in eachothers way, it'll only slow the
work down and cause frustration.

> One concern is disk space though, so we'll have
> to look into that.

As an option : create just one separate tree, but let all projects work
on their own branch in there. That'll save you lots of diskspace,
however it doesn't enforce a strict separation so that mistakes are
possible (ppl committing on the wrong branch).

Hans
--
http://hans.dse.nl/   () ASCII-ribbon campaign against vCards,
                      /\ HTML-mail and proprietary formats.