[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code Update

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sat Jun 25 17:56:17 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

Looks like the Google Summer of Code results
are out, so check your inboxes if you haven't
already. We had 139 proposals come it, and
Blender ended up getting 10 of the 400 grants.

I've asked Greg Stein from Google if I could
list the winning proposals either here or on
the Blender website, but he said he is waiting
to get release permissions from the
applicants (he expects to have that all
in order sometime next week). So, we had
better wait a bit, but I can say with
certainty that there is some cool stuff
coming down the pipe!

I would like to thank all the applicants who
participated in the Google Summer of Code!
Unfortunately, we couldn't take all of the
applications but I think the ones that were
successful are truly excellent.

I would also like to thank the folks who have
signed up to be mentors, those who helped
applicants with their proposals, and the various
blender community members who helped in the decision
making process.

Now the real work begins ...

Cheers!
Chris