[Bf-committers] Re: Some one tried to sale Blender on eBay

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Feb 9 00:11:55 CET 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Martin Poirier wrote:

> As I see it, it's not so much the fact that he's
> selling Blender but that he's using an image from
> blender3d.org to promote it. Said image is most likely
> protected.
> Same for that luxuriosity scam.
>
> In any case, this is not relevent to bf-committers
> (IMHO) and is a discussion better more suited for the
> forums.

You're right, the copyright of the IMAGE and the text is the problem,
and thus the respective authors should be contacted about this issue.

In any case, I've reported the item to Ebay. You can't enter a
description of the problem when you report to them (yes, ebay sucks),
so they probably won't even understand.

Due to the potential importance of this matter, I think it's OK
to have it posted to bf-committers though. At least this way we
get *some* traffic ;)

Not meant to be arrogant...