[Bf-committers] Armature total mess?

Jeremy Wall zaphar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:34:47 CET 2005

The long and short of it is that constraints for armatures are
extremely limited in the current incarnation, requiring multitudes of
hacks to get even a simple rotation limit constraint working. Also
armature animation solving is slow and tracing the code is a
nightmare. Any future implementation will need a well exposed api for
extensibility. The data structures for the amatures have a lot of
redundant elements and make finding the piece you actually want to
modify and when to modify it difficult. A rewrite is definitely in
order.