[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Object.py

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 30 15:46:38 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 03:12:18PM +0100, Matt Ebb wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Alexander Ewering wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure this makes much sense as it is. Making the working of
> >python >scripts depend on user preferences seems like an awkward idea to me.
> >

> I presume you can always do it the 'old way' though i.e. manually
> copying data around. It sounds good to me to have these Blender
> interface functions wrapped though - it seems to be a step along the
> way to making it work as a nice 'macro' language, which I'd
> personally probably use for automating things, rather than like
> purely running 'plugin' scripts.

The results from running a script should NOT depend on the user
preferences.

I agree with Matt that packaging up Blender functions is a good thing.
In fact, it is one of the next big steps for BPy.  However, the
correct way to do it is to factor out the code so it can be effectively
called from a script.

There are some other issues with the code as-is, but we will save that
discussion for the bpy list.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net