[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Object.py

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Dec 30 15:12:18 CET 2005

On Dec 30, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Alexander Ewering wrote:

> I'm not sure this makes much sense as it is. Making the working of
> python
> scripts depend on user preferences seems like an awkward idea to me.
>
> Imagine this script *absolutely* *needs* the duplicate the object
> data for
> working correctly (which it will in many cases). It
> has no way to do so, other than being at the mercy of the user's
> preferences.

I presume you can always do it the 'old way' though i.e. manually
copying data around. It sounds good to me to have these Blender
interface functions wrapped though - it seems to be a step along the
way to making it work as a nice 'macro' language, which I'd
personally probably use for automating things, rather than like
purely running 'plugin' scripts.

Matt