[Bf-committers] arbitrary point-inside-manifold-mesh test?

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Fri Dec 23 17:08:55 CET 2005

I don't see any current code in the codebase that tests if an arbitrary
point is inside a given manifold mesh.  Is this correct?

If there is no such test, then it seems to me that the appropriate
algorithm would be some ray-like thing, like 2d rasterizers, where a ray
in an arbitrary direction would have an odd number of face intersections
to escape a mesh, but an even number if the ray started from outside the
mesh.  Any better ideas?

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]