[Bf-committers] Boolean op holes error handled

Marc Freixas mfreixas at lsi.upc.edu
Mon Dec 5 11:24:16 CET 2005

Hi all,

After reading your messages we can draw some conclusions. I think that
the open meshes are allowed if are representing an infinite object, for
example a plane or a cylinder without cover. This kind of objects are
closed in the infinity point, like a parallel lines. But, their
nonmanifold edges do not have to intersect any face. Becouse the
intersection cretes a new faces and these must be classified inside or
outside.

By all this, I suggest to implement two level test. First, check if the
mesh is closed. If it is closed, go ahead. If not, check if some
nonmanifold edge intersect a face. Nevertheless, I recomend to use a
closed mesh.

On the other hand, one has said that the normal face could be used to
classify. I use the face vertex order to compute the normal face, using
the anti clockwise rule. But, I think that some times this don't works
fine. Knows any one an alternative way?

Marc.