[Bf-committers] Naming layer

LECOCQ Guillaume lecocqguillaume at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 22:09:18 CEST 2005

2005/4/20, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:
> Single objects occupying multiple layers RARE??? I use it all the time.
> I still have no problem with giving each layer a seperate name.
>
> Ton, werent you thinking of doing somthing with the outliner (With
> managing layers)?

Oh yes, I like. Imagine we have at the root the scene and after the
20th layers (32 possible in source, if I understand). after each layer
objects, lamps, ... If for example, layer one is collapsed (sorry if I
make a mistake with the wrd, I'm not english) we have icon show all
option of the layer (like icone on an object to show material,
texture, ...). The possibility to rename the layer.

I think this is a good idea, but I don't think I am able to make this,
I will make a try just for see ;-) .