[Bf-committers] Naming layer

zippy trip at spymac.com
Wed Apr 20 22:35:43 CEST 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 7:47 AM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Sometimes I can seem like a show-stopping bitchy conservative here...
> :) I realize we need to find good ways to attract & involve new
> developers. But the times are also over to accept each code
> contribution only because it's a desired feature. We only run into
> troubles with that.
> Don't forget that the parts that nicely work within a Blender
> architecture are the real strong aspects in Blender, working already
> for 10 years, and still future proof. This stability allows for quick
> hacks, which is OK for within a production environment (like
> instinctive blender), but not per definition fit for inclusion in
> official releases.

But your also scareing away any real major would be developers and
projects. But your shapeing blender how you see fit not how everyone
sees fit.

As for layers. Try out Modos (note: read manual before you try it so
you do not dismiss it right off) It has infinite number of layers,
nameing, locking and more in one simple vertical menu system which
scales to the windows size and stack if in a horizontal layout.