[Bf-committers] Re: Audio/Video update (Ton Roosendaal)

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Sep 1 15:21:55 CEST 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Roine Gustafsson wrote:

> Most people who use Blender will want production quality output meaning
> uncompressed or lossless compressed video. You should look for a library
> which has industrial-strength container support, not fancy codecs.

That's what YOU think :) I totally agree with you, of course. I never
touched any other output format than TGA personally, but most Blender
users actually - as sad as it may be - use it for making little funky
movies for the web, and that's why they don't desire production quality,
but instead quick rendering to a compressed video format.

For me, single frame image output would be enough, but I am not
(and neither are you) the 'average' blender user :)