[Bf-committers] Re: Audio/Video update (Ton Roosendaal)

Douglas Bischoff bischofftep at mac.com
Wed Sep 1 15:16:37 CEST 2004

On Sep 01, 2004, at 09:13, Roine Gustafsson wrote:

> Also, neither of these are a replacement for real Quicktime, when
> available, so you should definitely not replace that code.

I gotta agree here. I'm all for adding options for those features that
are needed, but please do not replace QuickTime! Having an
all-QuickTime workflow from Blender to Mokey to Combustion to FCP is
highly valuable, and having to stick something else in there
unnecessarily would be, to me, a big step backwards.

Add away, but please do not remove!

----
Doug Bischoff
Ceridwen Productions