[Bf-committers] to Ton: Winged vertex extrude?

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sat Oct 23 04:56:18 CEST 2004

Hi.  I have almost finished winged vertex extrude.  However. . .do you
want it?  I mean, I've spent hours working on this stupid thing, and
written about a half-dozen new functions, but I'm still wondering if
this is something that would be included when I finish it.

Winged extrusion is a very complicated thing, especially with the
current EditMesh implementation.  Vertex extrusion works by:

1. Convert the faces surrounding a vertex to triangles.
2. Split all the edges surrounding the vertex, to make a kind of circle.
3. Make faces between the split edges and the vert.

(wow, it sounds so simple when put like that. .  .my brain feels fried).

Edge extrusion, which I havn't started yet, would work similarily to
this.  Oh, and I've had to add 'adjedges' and 'adjfaces' lists to the
EditVert structure, that stores the surrounding edges and faces for each
vert.

joeedh.