[Bf-committers] Re: Blender on Pocketpc

Salvatore Russo salvatore.russo at laposte.net
Tue Nov 30 10:46:46 CET 2004

Hello All,
Yesterday, I studied the structure of the Blender Code. I read the article from Ton (http://www.blender3d.org/cms/blender_Architecture.336.0.html). It helped me a lot.
I have to begin with the minimum. To start, I will try to have Blender without sound, without game engine, without international fonts. I will also avoid the use of external libraries.
Thus, here is the list of all source directories that I will NOT include (before I have a minimum result):
*soundsystem
*gameengine
*radiosity
*yafray
*Blender/quicktime
*moto, ode, qhull, solid
*gettext
*freetype
*ftgl
*bmfont (??? can I really not use it?)
In the external libraries, I will NOT use:
*zlib
*libpng
*quicktime
*openal (for sound, no?? So I can not use it)
*sdl (for sound to?? Can I really not use it?)
*opennl???? Do I have to use it at the beginning? Or is it also for sound??

And what about VFWindows? What is that? Do I have to find it for Pocketpc?
Are there maybe other source directories that I can exclude? Or do I do some error in this list with directories indispensible???
Thanks for your help,
Salvatore