[Bf-committers] url handlers / help-system / *nix

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 5 May 2004 20:51:49 -0400 (EDT)

considering there is a fair amount of incompatibility amoungst broswers
between the various blender supported platforms, i'm suprised that an HTML
based help system is even under discussion. for instance, on irix, mozilla
is such a pig it's barely usable, and the latest netscape is 4.8. i have
to go to a windows PC to even broswe the blender site (sorry guys. it
looks great, but it's not compatibile). and while the acceptable response
is get "a modern broswer" for things like web browsering is fairgame,
basing, a help system with the same charactaristics is not.

in the spirit of not complaining unless suggesting a possible solution. IF
an HTML based help system is desired, it must conform to the MINIMUM
supported platform in a reasonable fashion. example: simple text with
trivial image (JPG) placement using tables.

of course when i say HTML i mean the whole gamut: from XML to PNG

thanks!
john