[Bf-committers] Developer looking for something to develop

Dave Stone bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:20:08 -0500

Hi All,

As the subject says, I'm available to help out with coding and I'm looking
for a project to work on. As to my qualifications, I've been a software
developer and development manager for 30 years (I think 26 of them
professionally) in applications, database, and systems, and run the gamut
from government defense work through medical applications and database
internals. I program in most languages, C and C++ being my primary.
Strangely enough I haven't bothered much with Python, but it won't take me
very long to get comfortable with it.

Currently I'm running W2K with MSVC 6. I have both SUSE 7 Pro. and Redhat
6, but neither of these are currently loaded (I need to get a new drive for
Linux). I've had no success building tuhopuu with MSVC (I've not tried to
build bf-Blender), and will need to have someone give me the rundown on how
to do it (the documentation being non-existant). I've some OpenGL
experience, but not as much as I'd like. I'm currently developing a
freeware/shareware telescope app. using OpenGL, but this is as much a
training exercise as anything else.

I'd be interested in something along the lines of the Ghost project, or the
internationalization project, but I'm happy to help where ever the help is
most needed. I have a couple of hours a day that I can commit to
development (when my kids are in school; this may drop off for the summer
somewhat).

Dave S.