[Bf-committers] Scons roundup

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:15:36 +0200

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 18:26, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> What we need is a *default* scons 'developing' setting, where:
> - it only checks for changed C files in the current directory (not the
> includes!)
> - where it just compiles these files, creates the lib, and immediately
> links the binary
> - this option should recursively include all directories in the tree
> below
> - it shouldn't print the gcc command line, but just a single liner like
>   -- foo.c --
>    (this to easier detect warning messages of compiling)
> - as option you can invoke the "-g" debug flag for the currently to be
> compiled files

I have been thinking about such a mechanism. This will probably need
some python scripting to accomplish this - along with some SCons tricks,
but I think it should be possible.

> And as specifically added options:
> - recompile the code in 'safe' mode taking all dependencies into account

I would prefer to have this as the default option, only with a special
flag would you be able to do a quick build.

> - printing out full gcc command lines

I have seen a message on the SCons mail list on how to do this. I'll
look into this.

After my holidays (end of July), I'll have more time to spend on SCons
again. I'm sorry to have been out and busy for such a long time.

With regards,
	Michel